Thursday 3 July 2014

Treasure Chest - UV mapping stage

(these are a few of the relaxing difficulties I came across, even the smoother UV I believe is slightly different to the tutorial's one.)

I found UV mapping to be pretty tedious and difficult at times, having problems that don't occur in the video tutorials even though I thought I did everything the exact same way was pretty frustrating at times. I think a lot of my problems were mainly just because I don't know the software or any form of 3-D modeling very well at the moment, but as I learn 3DS Max more I am sure all of this will become easier. As I worked through some issues I had I noticed that some of my UV's would relax in slightly different ways compared to the video, not knowing what I did wrong I just worked through this. This may cause problems later down the track, but I didn't have this issue for a lot of the UV's and for the most part I think it's all very close to the video tutorial's. Once I learnt the process of what tools to use on the first few UV's the process did become a bit easier apart from the previously mentioned problems. Even though UV mapping is apparently the most boring and tedious task of the pipeline, I didn't find it too bad, and finishing the task felt incredibly rewarding.

(finished importable UV map)

No comments:

Post a Comment